2010 will be our 18th year in operation bringing you amazing hockey events. We have been hosting hockey schools and camps in Canada since 1993. With out a doubt our greatest strength is our qualified, energetic and caring staff. A lot of schools have a big name player who comes in once throughout the week and that is it. Our player hosts are at the school all week and will be on the ice instructing the participants. At our schools you have quality staff whom your child will spend their time with. When choosing a school it should not matter who will sign their jersey, but instead focus on the staff that will instruct, care for and make your child's week an amazing one.
Hockey in the Rockies
- Power Skating -proper forward and backward skating techniques
- Eliminating the Man - proper technique in taking the opponent out of the play
- Protecting the Puck - the art of working the boards while controlling the puck
- Playing the Angles/Challenge the Shooter - goaltending basics with the view of playing 6'
- Offensive/Defensive Systems - "Corner/Dot/Slot" the easy way to learn proper position.
- The Importance of Communication - do your talking on the ice, not JUST in the dressing room
Hockey Canada Skills Academy
- Increase in training time by maximizing arena availability during school hours; players may receive more than 400 hours of extra training time per year
- Enhancement of individual technical and tactical skill development
- Enhancement of academic achievement through the motivation of establishing a balance of both academics and athletics within the school system
Spruce Kings Hockey School
The Prince George Spruce Kings Hockey School features three week long sessions for boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 14 of all skill levels. There will also be a Junior Conditioning Camp during the second week for those players ages 15 and up who are seeking a more intense conditioning in preparation for Junior, Collegiate and Professional team camps.
YWAM Hockey Camps
For players, ages 8-15. Our week long residential or day camps offer quality instruction in power skating, hockey skills and goaltending. Our instructors and staff not only have knowledge and experience, they also share a common passion to see each camper grow and improve physically, mentally, socially and spiritually.